At Clifton & Mauney Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry, we understand the severity of COVID-19 and we are deeply concerned about the health and wellbeing of our patients and community. As orthodontic healthcare professionals, it is our job and responsibility to protect patients and staff by continuing to work safely and diligently as always.
Disease Prevention & Sanitation in Chapel Hill
Our staff are experts in orthodontic and dental care, as well as disease prevention and sanitation. Not only are we passionate about keeping a clean, germ-free environment, we are also legally obligated to do so. At Clifton & Mauney, our staff have been trained to provide the highest quality care in an office that is safe and disinfected. To combat any type of infectious disease, including coronavirus, we take the following precautions every day:
- Surgical Masks, Protective Eyewear, & Gloves: all of our team members wear masks, eyewear, and gloves to protect themselves and our patients from any type of fluid or germ exchange.
- New Masks with Every Patient: we keep our patients safe by changing our masks between every patient, and sometimes even during a patient’s appointment if the mask becomes wet.
- Mask for Patients: if necessary, we can also provide masks for our patients while they undergo their appointment.
- Staying at Home When Ill: our staff stays at home if they are ever feeling even slightly ill, and we ask the same of our patients.
- Adequate Handwashing: all of our team members wash their hands with antimicrobial soap and/or an alcohol-based hand gel. We ask all of our patients to do the same while at our pediatric dentist in Chapel Hill; soap and/or alcohol gel is provided.
- Routine Cleaning & Disinfection: we disinfect everything between patient appointments, including surfaces, the orthodontic/dental chair, and we ensure new orthodontic or dental instruments are used. Additionally, patients will rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide solution prior to treatment due to COVID-19 being vulnerable to oxidation.
- Plexiglass Dividers & Social Distancing: we have installed new plexiglass dividers at our front desk and have spaced appointment times out to allow for adequate social distancing. Please be patient with us if an appointment is running slightly overtime.
Our orthodontist and pediatric dentist have always and will continue to practice high-quality infectious disease control in our Durham pediatric dental office. It is important to us that we maintain as much normalcy as possible from how we welcome our new patients to how we celebrate our patients when they get their braces off. However, if you or a family member are experiencing respiratory infection symptoms or any other symptoms, we kindly ask that you stay home and reschedule your appointment for when you are feeling better.
Contact Clifton & Mauney Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry Today!
If you are interested in orthodontic care or pediatric dentistry for your child, contact Clifton & Mauney. We are conveniently located to serve the entire Chapel Hill and Durham area. While at our office and undergoing care, our staff will ensure the highest degree of disease prevention and sanitation. You can feel confident in receiving care with us. Contact our team or request an appointment online today! We look forward to seeing you soon!